Monday, August 27, 2012

Widgets

Barton Creek Resort & Spa ~ Austin, Texas

Nestled in the hills outside of Austin, lies another amazing resort, full of family fun and relaxation.

When I first moved to the area years ago, everyone mentioned the amazing Barton Creek Resort & Spa as the place to go for a weekend of golfing & spa - perfect for hubbies & wives to do.

As I was researching family friendly resorts in the area, I was so excited to see that it offers a ton of family fun as well!
Barton Creek is tucked away in the hills west of Austin.  The drive to the resort is literally breath-taking and what we loved the most was the immediate feeling of relaxation that comes over you as you drive up.

The 4 golf courses that surround the resort are stunning - ones that would make my hubby completely forget he has a family waiting back at the hotel.....

But we were there to check out the family fun....not golf (sorry honey!).
After we checked in and took a brief tour of the resort, we headed straight to the pool.  With 2 sparkling pools and a nearby Pool Cabana, this momma was happy to spend the afternoon right here.
That evening, we had no plans, and were pleasantly surprised at all the family fun activities Barton Creek Resort & Spa offers.  After dinner, we took a lovely hike down the nature trail, played a quick game of mini golf, and finished it up with a fun game of chess! And the next morning, after breakfast, the kids and I enjoyed a fun scavenger hunt around the resort.  There was a TON of fun things to do!!
As I mentioned previously, there are 4 amazing courses if the adults wanted to play.  If relaxation is what you were looking for, Barton Creek has an amazing spa.  But what to do with the kids?  The resort offers a Kids Club, for ages 6 months to 8 years.  My youngest spent a little time in here playing trains, legos, and more.
The rooms are stunning - with very comfortable accommodations and amenities.  But honestly, the best part of the room was this amazing view I woke up to:
Ahhhh....can't you just feel the relaxation?  Ultimately, that is what Barton Creek Resort & Spa does best - making you relax.

If you have no plans for Labor Day, the Barton Creek Resort & Spa is the place to be.  With an All-American Poolside Cookout & Activities, Family movies, and more, I can't think of a more fun way to say good-bye to summer!


Texas Travel Facts for Barton Creek Resort & Spa:
Location: 8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, Texas
Good to Know: Located minutes from downtown Austin; perfect place to get away with our significant other for the weekend or with the family

My family and I were invited to visit the resort and were provided our stay. I was not financially compensated for this post.  All opinions of Barton Creek Resort & Spa are strictly my own based on my experience.  

1 comment:

Mrs. Match said...

I really want to make that giant chess set for our backyard. That is so cool!