Thursday, September 27, 2012

Widgets

Friday Daydreamin': Fall Fun


Happy Friday friends! Time for Friday Daydreamin'! My favorite day of the week as I get to armchair vacation through all of your lovely photos!!

Last weekend we celebrated the return of Fall.  Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell Mother Nature, as it is HOT here in Texas.  So this week, I am dreaming about Fall and all the fun the cooler temperatures bring us.
This picture, my friends, is NOT from Texas.  It is from Illinois.  One fun FALL vacation a few years ago.  My kiddos were fascinated with all the falling leaves the trees around my in-laws houses had.  They got outside and raked them up into big piles with their Pa-Pa and then he let them play.  And it was just like the picture books - running & jumping and throwing leaves in the air. The perfect picture of Fall leaves fun.

What is your favorite thing to do in the Fall?  Tell me in your comments!

And then link your Travel Photo post up with us below!! Please mention participation in Friday Daydreamin' in your post and visit some other blogs while you are at it! Happy Friday!

Also, if you have a Facebook Fan Page for your blog - please make sure we have connected!  And look for us to feature your linked post over the weekend!



Hungry for more travel photo adventures? Please visit Travel Photo Thursday from Budget Travelers Sandbox and Delicious Baby's Photo Friday.

15 comments:

Mary {The World Is A Book} said...

What an adorable picture of your daughter. Definitely perfect for Fall! It's been hot here in SoCal too. We need to find leaves like those to jump into.

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

It's freezing here in Ohio. I've already added blankets to our bedding and we've been lounging on the couch in the evening wrapped in throw covers! It looks like our days of open windows are over.

I love to go camping in the fall- sitting around a blazing campfire, roasting marshmallows with my family is the ultimate family bonding experience. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to fit in one of those trips this year. We should be able to do a fair bit of hiking though. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. :)

Happy Fall!

Lisa from Gone With The Family said...

What a cute pic - the beautiful leaves are my favourite part of fall! I don't like to see summer ending but at least it's not winter yet. It's definitely not hot here - I have turned the furnace on because I've been shivering!

Michele @ Malaysian Meanders said...

I'm so glad your kids had a chance to jump in fall leaves. It looks like fun. I think the temperatures in Austin and Malaysia have been similar this week.

InsideJourneys said...

I love the leaves and the general slowing down, cooling down of everything. And as a bonus, my birthday comes smack in the middle of fall. Most times, if the temperature dips, it gets warm and sunny again just in time for my birthday. Hope you have a beautiful fall, Becca!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking forward to fall for a while now though we've had just perfect weather here in Seattle lately (sunny & 70s) so no complaining allowed from me! Love the pure joy in your daughter's face as she sits in that huge pile of leaves!

Beth (@RunTraveler) said...

For me, fall is the best time for running and hiking. When I lived in New England autumn also meant APPLE PICKING!!! (But my new home, Florida, isn't exactly known for apples.)

Aleah | SolitaryWanderer.com said...

Love the colors of Fall. Cute kid, too. Seems like she was having a lot of fun. She'll look back on this day someday and think of where those days had gone :D

Leigh said...

We're warm here in Calgary too but no complaints. I'm loving the warm weather hiking in the Rockies with the larches in all their yellow glory. A very cute photo!

Steve said...

After years of raking, we've finally moved to a house with no (significant) leaves that fall. I don't miss it one bit, but it did always make for cute pictures.
Hope your fall stays warm.

Cathy Sweeney said...

Oh, Illinois! Your photo really makes me think about growing up there and playing in the fall leaves when I was growing up. Special times!

Sophie said...

Looks like she's having fun! Can't say I remember autumn as a distinct season in Texas. Always seemed to be hot.

Sonja said...

I'm ready for some fall weather too, but we've still got temperatures in the 90s. I'm ready for boots and sweaters.

Terumi said...

I love fall: crunchy leaves, hot drinks, fuzzy sweaters and Halloween:) Your leaf picture is awesome:)

Kodaikanal Tours said...

Your daughter is very cute. God bless her!!