Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Widgets

Top 5 Things to do in Dallas


Dallas, Texas is full of fun things to do with kids!  There really are a lot of fun choices.  That's why I thought it would be fun to ask my children, from their perspective, what they liked best to do in Dallas.

I asked my 12 and 10 year old their favorites and why, and this is what they said:



1. Dallas Zoo - This Zoo has been around for a while and typically would have never made our list for the Top 5. However, the Dallas Zoo has added some really amazing features and upgrades that make it a must see.  Our whole family loved feeding the giraffes - we couldn't get enough of it.  We watched them train lions and get the elephants to "show off" for us.  The animal interactions are top notch here.

2. Perot Museum of Nature & Science - Arguably the best Nature & Science museum in the State - and country - we were thrilled at how much there is to do here.  We soared like an eagle, felt an earthquake, programed robots and raced against a cheetah - it's a fantastic museum.

3. Dallas Cowboys Stadium Tour - Daily tours are available to see and hear about this architectural marvel.  I didn't think it would mean much to my kids, but I was wrong! They really enjoyed their tour - from the locker rooms to the very top!

4. Klyde Warren Park - This is a new park that was built over the top of a freeway in downtown Dallas.  My kids really enjoyed just hanging out in a park that provided books, board games, ping pong, foosball, and more.  It's a totally new concept for a public park and a great place to relax one morning.

5. Medieval Times - I had serious doubts that I would enjoy our "dinner theatre" at Medieval Times.  I couldn't have had more fun!  We cheered on our knight and enjoyed every moment of our dinner.  It was such a fun ending to our great time in Dallas.

For a complete listing of fun things to do in Dallas, click here.


Other Top 5 Things to Do Lists in Great Texas Cities:

No comments: