Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Widgets

Top 5 Things to do in Fort Worth



I love Fort Worth and was thrilled to see just how many fun things there are to do with kids!   That's why I thought it would be fun to ask my children, from their perspective, what they liked best to do in Fort Worth.

I asked my 12 and 10 year old their favorites and why, and this is what they said:

1. Fort Worth Stockyards - There is fun for all ages at the Fort Worth Stockyards.  From watching the twice daily cattle drives to walking through all the great historical museums, the Stockyards will keep you busy for hours.  My kids really enjoyed running through the Cowtown Cattle Pen Maze and getting their pictures on top of a longhorn steer.

2. Fort Worth Museum of  Science & History- There are many choices of museums to see in the Fort Worth Museum District.  As a momma, I would recommend you go see them all...but my children really enjoyed the FWMSH the most.  There are tons of hands on exhibits, a planetarium, an IMAX movie theater, and really great visiting exhibitions.  

3. Fort Worth Zoo- The Fort Worth Zoo is beautiful - very shaded, tons of animals, and lots of fun.  I really enjoy the Texas Wild exhibit, set up like all the different regions in Texas.  It is really spread out and never feels crowded.  There is also a fun train to ride located just outside the zoo.

4. Log Cabin Village - Located just across the street from the Fort Worth Zoo, the Log Cabin Village is a hidden treasure!  Volunteers dressed in period costumes teach visitors all about the cabins they are in and they are fantastic.  My children loved hearing about the family that hid form an Indian attack! Don't miss this great place.

5. Fort Worth Water Gardens- I remember visiting the Fort Worth Water Gardens as a child, so I was excited to take the children here.  They loved it! There are several different "gardens" to observe - the main one being the most fun to walk down into.  This is a great place to let the kids run around and tire out.

For a complete listing of fun things to do in Fort Worth, click here.


Other Top 5 Things to Do Lists in Great Texas Cities:

No comments: