Thursday, May 22, 2014

Widgets

Chevy Shop Social: Austin ~ June 5, 2014


Shopping ~ Socializing ~ Chevy

When I was asked to participate in the Chevy Shop Social event on June 5, 2014, I was hesitant - someone is giving me a pre-loaded gift card to shop around Austin in a brand new Chevy?? I get to Instagram my every move?  And then have a party that evening with amazing Food Trucks?  And it gets better.....all the purchases are raffled off for some deserving Austin charities??  Are you for real?

YES!  I am thrilled to be a part of the Chevy Shop Social event, highlighting some amazing charities, I Live Here I Give Here and Health Alliance for Austin Musicians (HAMM).  Thanks to the website She Buys Cars, I, along with some other local bloggers, are tasked with finding some uniquely-Austin gifts to create a BIG raffle with for the party.  

During the day on Thursday, June 5, follow along on my social channels (click here to follow me ----> Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter) and check out the fun purchases we make at local businesses in Austin.  

Then come to the PARTY at Getaway Motor Club, 3700 Thompson St., Austin TX from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.  There will be Live Music, Food Trucks, and a Raffle of all the amazing gifts the bloggers have found.  Tickets will be $1 each and all the proceeds will go back to I Live Here I Give Here and Health Alliance for Austin Musicians (HAMM). And you will get to check out a fleet of new Chevrolet cars (so no excuses for the guys!!)! 


I Live Here, I Give Here connects people in Austin with the issues they care about and the Nonprofits that support them. They partner with local nonprofit groups such as Texas Veterans Commission Fund, and they recently raised over $5.7 million for over 496 Nonprofits in the Amplify Austin campaign. They spotlight specific needs every month to let Austinites know how they can help.



Health Alliance for Austin Musicians (HAMM) provides access to affordable health care for Austin's low-income, uninsured working musicians, with a focus on prevention and wellness. Many Austin musicians are self-employed and have no access to health insurance or basic health care. 

Chevrolet is sponsoring the event and will match all donations given that night (up to $5000). 

What a fun way to kick off the summer!!  I am so excited to be a part of it and to be able to give back to our community in such a fun way! And to get more information, please take a look at the Shop Social: Austin Facebook Event Page. I hope you can come!

No comments: