Thursday, October 18, 2012

Widgets

Friday Daydreamin': Trick or Treat!


Happy Friday friends! Time for Friday Daydreamin'! My favorite day of the week as I get to armchair vacation through all of your lovely photos!!

Alright, alright - I know it's a little early for this, but we just love Halloween over here.  It is always a perfect night to go Trick or Treating - the weather is never "too cold", in fact, most times it hot for our costumes. 

The neighborhood comes alive!  Families come out of their homes and visit with one another.  Many sit in their driveways and hand out candy while others trek up and down the streets.  Some putt around in golf carts and there is always a trailer or two giving hay rides.  
While I am not crazy about the loads of sweets that get brought back in my home, I really love the camaraderie of it all.

How does your neighborhood go for Halloween??  

Link up a post about Halloween or Travel fun below.  We love to visit you.  



Hungry for more travel photo adventures? Please visit Travel Photo Thursday from Budget Travelers Sandbox and Delicious Baby's Photo Friday.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that photo! Here it's usually dark by the time the kids head out and it's often freezing which means that we have to figure out a way for them to be bundled up without ruining the effect of the costume. Brave parents bundle up and head out with the kids well those of us who hate the cold stay home to hand out the treats. But I do love Halloween as it is the one time that I get to see the little kids in the neighbourhood all dressed up and having so much fun!

Malaysian Meanders said...

I'm missing our traditional Halloween. In our condo complex, you need a security card to reach each floor, so it was a HUGE logistical event last year to get our group around to the 8 families that participated.

Mary {The World Is A Book} said...

What an adorable picture! I love the skip in her step. Halloween is a close second in favorite holidays with my kids. Kids don't usually go out until it gets dark in our neighborhood though. Darkness, I guess, makes it more fun.

Macey said...

Love that picture! She looks like she's skipping!

Eileen @ FamiliesGO! said...

cute photo. Halloweeen is a good holiday for reminiscing about your own carefree (sugar-filed) youth.

Anonymous said...

I love Halloween! Growing up in the suburbs, I find the trick or treating so different now that we live in the city. Certain neighborhoods are definitely very popular, but ours sadly is not--we are lucky if we got 2 or 3 trick or treaters!

Cathy Sweeney said...

Such a cute pic! We never get trick-or-treaters where we live, but every year I buy a bag of Reese's buttercups -- just in case. Mostly because I like them. :)